Thursday, October 28, 2010
Dropping Links: Thursday, October 28, 2010
- The already delayed NBA Elite 11 will be moved to EA Sports' Tiburon studio to be finished, making it more likely that the game won't release at all this year. With the NBA season starting and the game's competitor, NBA 2K11, being released three weeks ago, it seems like Elite won't tip off until next season.
- With the World Series under way, The Hall of Very Good contributor Kevin Chanel has a nice read on Tim McCarver and his "McCarverisms."
- TNT's Heat-Celtics opener was the most watched regular season NBA game in cable television history.
- Speaking of the Heat, the NBA is beefing up security for the team's road games, thanks to LeBron James and Co. quickly becoming the most hated team in the league.
- MJD of Shutdown Corner has the absurdly premature playoff picture for this week, with the Giants and Steelers taking the top seeds in the NFC and AFC, respectively.
In case you missed it, Bob's Blitz has video of the Lakers' ring ceremony from Tuesday night.