THQ has revealed some of the details of this year's Smackdown vs. Raw incarnation and it looks like SvR 2010 will be a vast improvement over an already good franchise. Here is a quick look at some of the new features:
- Create-a-Wrestler has been improved and load times will be faster when previewing items.
- Create-a-Finisher has "30% more" options.
- There will be a new Create-a-Story mode, which seems pretty detailed, that will allow you to create your very own wrestling angles.
- The "Road to WrestleMania" mode is back featuring six new characters, including one diva storyline.
- There is the ability to edit attires of wrestlers already in the game. For example, you could make CM Punk's tights pink if you wanted.
- Buttons have been tweaked. There will only be one reversal button, instead of one for strike reversals and another for grapple reversals.
- Content can now be uploaded online and shared with others, which means plenty of CAWs out there of wrestlers who couldn't be put in the game. This should be a huge hit.
THQ promises that this is only the beginning and that more announcements will be made on upgrades and improvements to Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. I'm curious to see if Create-a-PPV mode and Create-a-Belt make it back in the game. The title hits shelves November 10th.