Here are some links for you to check out on this lazy Sunday.
- Roddy White ends his holdout after agreeing to a new six-year, $50 million contract extension with the Atlanta Falcons. White had an unexpectedly huge year last year and parlayed that into this big contract. We'll see if he can live up to his end of the bargain.
- Speaking of gigantic contracts, the Seahawks and rookie LB Aaron Curry agreed to a deal that could be worth over $60 million and guarantees the first-round pick $34 million. And people thought Eli Manning's contract was way too much. At least he's done something in the NFL.
- CC Sabathia pitched another gem yesterday and led the Yankees to their 6th straight win. They've taken three in a row from Boston, who came into the series 8-0 against the Yanks. New York is now 5.5 games ahead of the Sawx for first place in the AL East. The teams finish off their four game set tonight at 8pm on ESPN.
- The woman who accused Ben Roethlisberger of raping her has been accused of bragging about having sex with the star quarterback to a co-worker last year. It is also alleged that the woman was hoping to become pregnant with Roethlisberger's child.
- Finally a big shout-out to Bob Mantz, who celebrated the one year anniversary of Bob's Blitz yesterday. He went out of his way to thank myself and a few others. I've certainly been a beneficiary of the growth of his blog so I'd like to send a thank you right back to Bob.