ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 will combine to present all 32 games of the Little League World Series Presented by Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes from Williamsport, Pa., Aug. 15-24. ABC – entering the network’s 46th consecutive year of Little League World Series coverage – will broadcast the International Championship Saturday, Aug. 23, at 12:30 p.m. ET, the United States Championship Saturday, Aug. 23, at 3 p.m., and the Little League World Series Championship Sunday, Aug. 24, at 3:30 p.m. Every Little League World Series game on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 will be available in high definition for the fourth consecutive year. All ESPN and ESPN2 telecasts will be simulcast on ESPN360.com.I personally don't care much to watch the LLWS. There are some exciting moments and it can be fun, but I'm just not that interested. Half the kids are bigger than me and they're supposed to be 11 and 12. It is kind of funny to see the kids hot-dogging it like Manny, and then those same kids are weeping like little babies after they lose. Ah, the joys of sport.
Here are the announcers you'll get (Again from the ESPN release):
ESPN game commentators:Pool Play – Aug. 15-19
- Gary Thorne and analyst Orel Hershiser for games held at Lamade Stadium;
- Karl Ravech and analyst Orestes Destrade for games held at Volunteer Stadium;
- Stacey Dales and Pedro Gomez will share reporting responsibilities.Semifinals – Wednesday, Aug. 20 & Thursday, Aug. 21
- Brent Musburger, Hershiser and Dales will provide commentary for both U.S. Semifinals (Wednesday, Aug. 20, and Thursday, Aug. 21, at 8 p.m. on ESPN);
- Thorne, Destrade (who is fluent in three languages – English, Spanish and Japanese) and reporter Pedro Gomez will provide commentary for both International semifinals (Wednesday, Aug. 20, and Thursday, Aug. 21, at 4 p.m. on ESPN).International and United States Championships – Saturday, Aug. 23
- Musburger, analysts Hershiser and Destrade, and reporters Dales and Gomez will call the International Championship Saturday, Aug. 23, at 12:30 p.m. on ABC;
- Musburger will call the United States Championship with Hershiser and Dales Saturday, Aug. 23, at 3 p.m. on ABC.World Series Championship and Consolation Game – Sunday, Aug. 24
- Ravech, Destrade and Gomez will call the consolation game Sunday, Aug. 24, at 12 p.m. on ESPN;
- Musburger will provide play-by-play for the Little League World Series Championship with Hershiser, Dales and Gomez Sunday, Aug. 24, at 3:30 p.m. on ABC.